instagram users demographicsinstagram users demographics
Support keys: instagram users demographics, /instagram-users-demographics,
Video: How to Make Instagram Use Less Data
Supported keys: instagram users demographics, 2017-08-17, How to Make Instagram Use Less Data, How to Make Instagram Use Less Data
You can make Instagram use less data with a simple setting within your app. Instagram is a data-heavy app with continually loading videos and images, so if you run short on data, make short you watch this video and turn on this setting.
Share this video: https://youtu.be/Ur_-Ddn3V5c
See more simple and easy to follow how-to videos.
And see more videos https://howfinity.com, Howfinity
Teens and social media
As one of the biggest social networks worldwide, Instagram is especially popular with teenagers. As of fall 2020, the photo-sharing app ranked third in terms of preferred social network among teenagers in the United States, second to Snapchat and TikTok. Instagram was one of the most influential advertising channels among female Gen Z users when making purchasing decisions.
Teens report feeling more confident, popular, and better about themselves when using social media, and less lonely, depressed and anxious. Social media can have negative effects on teens, which is also much more pronounced on those with low emotional well-being. It was found that 35 percent of teenagers with low social-emotional well-being reported to have experienced cyber bullying when using social media, while in comparison only five percent of teenagers with high social-emotional well-being stated the same. As such, social media can have a big impact on already fragile states of mind.
Instagram age demographics
To understand Instagram user demographics, it’s important to take a look at Instagram age demographics first. Is the app still as teen-centric as it once was, or has TikTok siphoned off the attention of the youngest cohort of social media users, leaving it in the hands of tech-savvy grandmas?
Here’s how Instagram users are broken down by age, according to our Global State of Digital 2022 report:
- 13-17 years old: 8.5%
- 18-24 years old: 30.1%
- 25-34 years old: 31.5%
- 35-44 years old: 16.1%
- 45-54 years old: 8%
- 55-64 years old: 3.6%
- 65 years old and up: 2.1%
The takeaway? As of 2022, the majority of Instagram’s audience are Millennial or Gen Z users.
In fact, overall, Instagram is Gen Z’s favorite social platform. Global internet users aged 16 to 24 prefer Instagram to other social platforms — yep, even ranking it above TikTok. If that’s an age cohort you’re looking to reach (hey, kids!), Insta is apparently the place to be.
That’s not to say there aren’t older users on the app as well: around 13% of Instagram’s audience is aged 45-plus. But if your target market includes Boomers, Instagram might not be the most effective place to reach them. You’d be better off connecting with this group on alternative platforms. Brush up on your Facebook marketing skills with our guide here.
One note about Gen Xers, though: it’s the fastest-growing group of users on the app. Last year, the number of 55- to 64-year-old males using Instagram grew by 63.6%. That’s a lot of growth on a platform designed for showing off, considering Gen X is a generation generally associated with irony. Growing up!
Wondering about even younger users? In a 2018 survey, 15% of teens reported that Instagram was the app they use most often. (35% say the same thing about Snapchat, while 32% list Youtube as their most-used social platform.)
And according to a poll by Pew Research Center, 11% of U.S. parents say their 9-11 year-olds use Instagram. “How is that possible?” you may be wondering, out loud. “Doesn’t Instagram require account holders to be at least 13 years old?” This is true, but younger users can run accounts managed by parents or guardians — good news if you want to impress some tweens with your engaging Instagram content.
Distribution of Instagram users in the United States as of June 2022, by age group
|Characteristic||Share of Instagram users|
Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Get to know the platform
You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account.
The ideal entry-level account for individual users
- Instant access to 1m statistics
- Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
- Detailed references
$59 $39 / Month *
in the first 12 months
Corporate solution including all features.
* Prices do not include sales tax.
Quick Instagram Statistics
Instagram Statistics 2021 (Editor’s choice)
1. Instagram user statistics
There are 2 billion active monthly users on Instagram in 2021 (Statista, 2021), having crossed the 2 billion mark in 2021, only 3 years after it crossed the 1 billion mark. This brings it to the super-league club of other social platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
Current Instagram figures show an increase of a billion users than the total numbers in 2018. Although experts had previously expected the platform to hit this milestone in 2024, analysts attribute a big part of this massive growth to the coronavirus pandemic, which drove users to sign up for Instagram.
While Instagram is only a photo-sharing platform once only popular with teens, it has grown to become one of the most popular social media sites in the world.
2. Instagram Demographics: Location
As of January 2022, India and the United States of America both tied at the top as the countries with the highest number of Instagram users at 230 and 160 million users each (Statista, 2022).
Based on these numbers, it is clear that the audience and reach of the platform are growing at a rapid pace in most countries outside the U.S. While the figures for the U.S do not seem to change, India recorded approximately 20 million new users between the period of October 2020 and January 2021 (Hootsuite, 2021) and then a 100 million more between 2021 and 2022 (Statista, 2021).
The other countries with the highest number of social media users besides the U.S and India are:
- Brazil – 119 million Instagram users
- Indonesia – 99 million Instagram users
- Russia – 63 million Instagram users
3. Instagram Demographics: Gender
51.6% of all Instagram users are female, while 48.4% are male (Statista, 2021).
Unlike other major social media platforms like Twitter which have a very wide gender gap among its users, Instagram appears well-balanced and embraced by both genders equally. More Instagram demographic insights to follow.
4. Instagram Demographics: Age
25–34-year-olds make up the age group with the most Instagram users at 31.2% (Statista, 2021).
According to the statistics, 18–24-year-olds are the second most populous group in the Instagram usage world.
65+ year-olds make up the least number of Instagram users at only 2.2%.
5. Countries with the highest Instagram reach
The country with the highest Instagram reach in 2022 is Brunei, with 92% (Statista, 2022).
Kazakhstan might not be the country with the most Instagram users, but it is the country where Instagram reaches the highest percentage of its population: 92% to be precise.
The other countries with the highest Instagram reach in 2022 are Guam and Cayman Islands.
6. Instagram app download statistics
Instagram had a total of 170 million downloads in Q4 2021 (SensorTower, 2022).
Besides Facebook, this is one other app that has consistently maintained the top five position, with the number of downloads for the last couple of years. The numbers are quite impressive, even with the entry of other more recent apps like TikTok.
7. How much time do users spend on Instagram?
Instagram users spent an average of 28 minutes per day on the platform in 2021 (Hootsuite, 2021).
This marks a decrease of about two minutes from 2020.
Do you think you also fall under the same category?
How much time do you spend on Instagram every day?
According to Facebook (Instagram’s parent company), you can see the average amount of time you spent on Instagram within the last 7 days. Time spent on Instagram starts when you open the app and ends when you close it or switch to using another app on your device.
8. Businesses on Instagram statistics
As Instagram becomes increasingly more popular, an estimated 71% of U.S businesses claimed to use Instagram for Business in 2018 (Mention, 2018). That’s approximately 7 out of 10 businesses that use Instagram to help boost their online visibility and connect with their audiences. Today, the number is even higher.
There are more than 200 million business accounts on Instagram globally that users visit every day (Instagram, 2021). This is quite possible, as 90% of Instagram users follow at least one brand.
With a good presence on Instagram, businesses can cater to their clients’ needs much easier, as 2 out of 3 Instagram users believe the platform enables interaction with brands (Instagram, 2021).
It is easy for users to shop directly from the app, and approximately 130 million Instagram users tap on shopping posts to learn more about the product every month.
Another noteworthy statistic is that 36.2% of B2B decision-makers use Instagram to research new products or services (Hootsuite/ WeAreSocial, 2020). These figures clearly indicate the power of Instagram as a crucial business tool in this digital era.
9. Instagram engagement rates
The average engagement rate for an Instagram post by a business account is 1.11%. That’s true for accounts with less than 10,000 followers. (SocialPilot, 2021).
These figures imply that for every 100 Instagram followers, you should expect at least engagement from one account. Engagement is currently the highest for image posts at 1.03%, followed by carousel posts at 0.86%. Videos receive the third-highest engagements on Instagram at 0.75%.
10. Instagram Stories statistics
According to Instagram, over 500 million accounts use Instagram Stories every day (Instagram, 2021).
58% of Instagram users claim to have become more interested in a brand/product after seeing it in Stories. A further 50% of them say they have visited a website to buy a product/service as a result of seeing it in Stories.
Furthermore, 45% of Instagram users prefer to use Stories to become aware of new trends and happenings.
We shouldn’t also forget that brand stories have an 86% completion rate, according to Conviva Social Insights.
Lastly, Instagram Stories generate a quarter of the platform’s ad revenues. This year, Stories ads are predicted to bring in almost $16 billion in global net ad revenues, according to eMarketer Insights.
These figures clearly indicate that as a business with an online presence on Instagram, it would be crucial to include Instagram Stories as a part of your content marketing strategies.
Note: Please link back to omnicoreagency.com and this page when you reference/quote the statistic.
Photo Credit: Unsplash
Salman Aslam is the Managing Director at Omnicore, a leading Healthcare Digital Advertising & Marketing Agency helping clients across the globe. You can follow him on Twitter for tweets and rants about the latest news, tips, and advice on digital marketing.
Check out Omnicore Insights
This is it. The ultimate list of Instagram statistics that you need to know for 2022.
With the introduction of more shopping options and Reels to the platform, it’s been a big year for Instagram. The social media giant has certainly reaffirmed its position as one of the world’s most popular social media apps.
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
From the global reports such as the Digital Report, to more localised Australian sources, we regularly update this page with the latest news we can find.
Here we go, all the fun facts about Instagram and stats you didn’t know you needed to know.
Instagram Reels Stats
As shared by Marketing Brew from the email exchange with Team Whistle:
- 87% of Gen Z TikTok users who have used Instagram Reels agree with the statement, “Instagram Reels is basically the same as TikTok.”
- Most respondents (daily or weekly) who have used Instagram Reels do not think that TikTok is inherently special.
- 61% of Gen Z TikTok users said they plan to spend more time on Instagram in TikTok’s place.
Instagram Business Engagement Benchmarks
- As of April 2022, the average engagement rate for all types of posts is 0.68%
- The average engagement rate for photos is 0.70%
- Videos have an average engagement rate of 0.47%
- Carousel posts have an average engagement rate of 0.85%
- The average business account has a +1.68% monthly growth in account followers
- The average business account posts once per day in the main feed
- 64.9% of all main feed posts are photos
- 17.3% of all main feed posts are carousels
- 17.8% of all main feed posts are videos
- The average business account posts 13.1 stories each month
- 0.85% is the average engagement rate for all types of posts
- 0.88% is the average engagement rate for photo posts
- 1.05% is the average engagement rate for carousel posts
- 0.55% is the average engagement rate for all types of video posts
- Business accounts with less than 10,000 followers perform the best:
- Accounts with less than 10k fans have an average post engagement rate of 1.29%
- Accounts with between 10k and 100k fans have an average post engagement rate of 1.00%
- Accounts with more than 100k fans have an average post engagement rate of 0.73%
- 0.0.6% is the average comments to followers ratio for video posts
- 0.08% is the average comments to followers ratio for photo posts
At a median of 1.60% engagement rate, brands with the highest engagement rates include higher education at 3.96%, nonprofits at 2.40% and sports teams at 2.40%.
Most Followed Instagram Accounts
- Instagram – 458,300,000
- Christiano Ronaldo – 387,500,000
- Kylie Jenner – 298,100,000
- Lionel Messi – 298,000,000
- Ariana Grande – 288,100,000
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson – 287,800,000
- Selena Gomez – 287,100,000
- Kim Kardashian – 276,800,000
- Beyonce – 230,200,000
- Justin Beiber – 214,300,000
Stats about Hashtags
- If you use just one hashtag on a post, it is going to get 29% more interactions.
- If you use more than 11 hashtags on a post, then you are going to have 79% more interactions.
- Longer hashtags typically include between 21 and 24 characters, and they do better than shorter tags.
- 7/10 hashtags that are on Instagram are brand hashtags.
Most Used Hashtags
- #Love – 2.1 billion
- #InstaGood – 1.4 billion
- #Fashion – 1.0 billion
- #PhotoOfTheDay – 981 million
- #Art – 877 million
- Photography – 852 million
- Instagram – 808 million
- #Beautiful – 786 million
- Nature – 689
- #PicOfTheDay – 688 million
Feel the need for more stats?
Looking for some platform-specific stats? We got you.
Looking for more when it comes to Instagram? Check out our Instagram Resources and get your marketing firing!
Social media demographics: the numbers you need to know
From choosing your priority platforms to conducting market research, demographic data is key to understanding which networks and campaigns deserve your attention.
Want to know which apps are up-and-coming? Curious about new opportunities to cross-post your content? Worried that a network might be “dying?”
We’ve got you covered.
Below is our list of must-know social media demographics for 2022 (and beyond). These numbers are based on the latest research and social media statistics available at the time of writing.
And as an added bonus, we’ve also highlighted strategic takeaways for each network to guide your social marketing strategy.
- Facebook demographics and usage
- Instagram demographics and usage
- TikTok demographics and usage
- Twitter demographics and usage
- LinkedIn demographics and usage
- Pinterest demographics and usage
- Snapchat demographics and usage
- YouTube demographics and usage
More resources for audience insight
With these demographics in hand to inform personas and targeting, check out these guides to refine your process:
- How to effectively plan your social media campaigns step-by-step
- The most important social media metrics to track
- How to define and reach your target audience on social media
Facebook demographics and usage
- Number of monthly active users: 2.91 billion
- Largest age group: 25-34 (31.5%)
- Gender: 43% female, 57% male (no data on other genders)
- Time spent per day: 33 minutes
Takeaways from Facebook demographics for 2022
- Despite ongoing controversies, “adpocalypses” and emerging competition, Facebook still remains the largest social platform among consumers and marketers.
- Note that time spent on Facebook has actually fallen (from 38 minutes per day to 33 minutes) over the past five years despite overall social media usage spiking.
- Facebook’s user growth rate has slowed to a grinding halt with only a 0.8% change increase during 2021.
- Following last year’s social media demographic data, younger consumers continue to flock to TikTok and Snapchat versus Facebook and Instagram.
- Ad revenues continue to climb regardless of the gloom and doom about reach — this highlights how Facebook ads are a staple of marketing at large.
Instagram age demographics: breakdown
According to recent research on the age demographics of Instagram users, most Instagrammers fall within the 25-to-34 age range. In fact, nearly half (48.63%) of all Instagram users are in this age group.
This is followed by the 18-to-24 age range, to which nearly one-third (30.98%) of Instagrammers belong. Breaking the age of Instagram users down further, we see that four out of every five users are from 18-to-34 years old.
The data on Instagram age demographics also show that in both of these age groups, females outnumber males, both by around four percentage points.
- Female Instagram users aged 25–34: 26.58%
- Male Instagram users aged 18–24: 17.28%
- Female Instagram users aged 25–34: 26.58%
- Male Instagram users aged 18–24: 13.7%
Instagram users aged 35 to 44 years old make up the third-largest age group—11.74% of Instagrammers are in this age range. Those in the 13-to-17 age group come next, with 6.47%, followed by 45 to 54, with 1.88%, and 55 to 64, with just 0.3%.
The research studying Instagram users by age also shows that there are more females using Instagram than males in the 13-to-17, 18-to-24, and 24-to-35 age groups. This tendency, however, reverses for users aged 35 and older, with more males on Instagram than their female counterparts.
Instagram age demographics: leveraging the data
This breakdown of Instagram age demographics can give you a better idea of how you should be marketing on the platform.
If your target audience is aged 18 to 34, Instagram is definitely a social media site you should focus your digital marketing efforts on. Whether it’s running Instagram ads or engaging the services of an Instagram influencer, the chances of growing your brand through Instagram are relatively high.
However, if your target buyers are aged 45 and above, you may want to consider using other marketing channels to reach them.
Want to learn more?
- Average Engagement Rate on Instagram
- 10 Instagram Stats Every Marketer Should Know
- US Social Media Usage Statistics by Age
- What Age Group Uses Social Media the Most?
Essential Instagram statistics and trends for 2022
Advertisers could reach 1.440 billion users on Instagram in July 2022,(a) placing it 4th in our ranking of the world’s most ‘active’ social media platforms.(b)
Meta appears to have revised its underlying data for Instagram reach in Q2 2022,(a) so we’re currently unable to provide accurate figures for year-on-year growth in Instagram’s advertising audience.
However, the latest figures indicate that roughly 18.1% of all the people on Earth use Instagram today.(c)
Furthermore, because the company limits use of its platform to people aged 13 and above, Instagram’s ‘eligible’ use rate will likely be even higher than these figures suggest.(b)
Want the full story? Scroll down to find all the latest data, insights, and trends you need to understand Instagram use all over the world, including:
The number of Instagram users around the world
How quickly Instagram is growing
Instagram’s top countries
Instagram users by world region
Instagram’s audience demographics
Towards the bottom of this page, you’ll also find a complete report on Instagram’s audience around the world.
You can also learn how Instagram compares to other social media platforms on our social media overview page.
Unless stated otherwise, all figures are based on Kepios analysis of data sourced directly from Facebook’s own tools, resources, and company statements regarding Instagram. You’ll find details of individual data sources listed at the bottom of this article.
We update this page on a regular basis, so if you’d like to link to a specific figure (which may change in future updates), you might prefer to link to one of our individual Global Digital Reports instead.
Từ khóa người dùng tìm kiếm liên quan đến chủ đề instagram users demographics
How to Make Instagram Use Less Data, how to use less data on instagram, instagram data setting, Instagram, Tip, Tips and tricks, Instagram tip, How to, howfinity, save mobile data on instagram, use less data on instagram, what does use less data on instagram mean, how can i use less data on instagram, how to use less data Instagram statistics, Instagram users by country, Instagram users statistics, Instagram global Engagement 2022, Instagram users around the world, Instagram user behavior, Instagram active users, User Instagram